Saturday, May 25, 2002

SOME THOUGHTS AND THE LAKERS
Last Thursday, I was listening to Dennis Prager and he was talking about the whole Chondra Levy/Gary Condit thing. He asked if the amount of media coverage of the case was too much and if we were happy with the time we spent reading about it. For example, are we happy with the amount of time we devoted to watching the O.J. murder trial? Probably not. It may have seemed important at the time, but as we look back years later, I really couldn't care less (even for the famed "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit!" line). So, taking that idea to a wider level, I think that's how we should all live our lives. As we devote our time to doing things, we should ask ourselves: "Am I going to be pleased five years later with the amount of time I'm spending on this thingnow? What a way to live! Theoretically, that would really cut down on wasted time.
But that got me thinking about how much time I devote to watching Laker games and reading about it in the newspaper. The LA Times has been devoting almost four full pages of coverage after a playoff game. And guess who reads every word of it? Am I happy spending so much time watching games, analyzing plays, memorizing stats, and reading all about it the next day? Yes. I love my team, even though they played without heart yesterday and got hammered. Tyrone came up to me last night and made sure I knew how much the Lakers suck. And yet, somehow, I still believe in this time. Somehow, this crazy team intrigues me. And even if they don't three-peat, I'm still going to be happy with the time I've invested in these guys.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]