Thursday, May 30, 2002

SHOES
Since I started working at the UCLA Medical Center, I've been fascinated at the shoes the doctors wear. They all have those slip-ons that look so comfortable and yet professional enough that patients will still respect them. In my meager attempt to look as cool as them, I bought myself some slip-on air-walks from Big 5 recently (which, of course, means they costed me about $25).
Anyway, so far, they have been extremely comfortable. But today, they almost got tainted. While I was walking with a patient out in the hallway, my nose suddenly picked up a smell ... a foul odor ... I knew the inevitable was about to happen, but there was nothing I could do because he took forever to get to that point and there was no way we'd make it to the toilet in time. So, plop! And plop again! Two huge piles. Luckily, they didn't land on me or him. My shoes were saved ... and he actually felt much better after walking and unloading.
Yeah, I know this is gross, but the whole event got me thinking about how beneficial good comfortable shoes are and how walking really helps keep all your bodily systems in check.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]