Wednesday, May 08, 2002

SCRATCHES AND DINGS
When I got my car more than a year ago, I was so excited. Even though the day was very cloudy and rainy, I could only see the beauty that came from my brand new car. I loved the way the five-pronged wheels looked while I was driving. I loved the sleek black look. I loved the leather interior. But it got to the point where I was overly protective of my car. I didn't want anybody wearing dirty clothes to sit in it. I didn't want to park anywhere close to anybody else. And I was always careful to wipe my car down after driving it.
But God helped me to realize that I was looking this material object a little too much. He helped me by giving me some gentle reminders. The first came when I had to make a U-turn on a very, very, very narrow street near Jeff Chen's place. It was so narrow, I ended up backing up slightly into a low blue wall that left multiple blue scrapes on my back bumper. I was devastated and slammed my fist down on my steering wheel in anger. The next incident occurred when someone else was driving and accidentally backed the car up in the CEFC back alley and grazed the tree by the steps that lead to the Ko's house. That left a minor scratch. And of course, I have the usual dings from having other people open their doors into my car.
But today, I got another gentle reminder when I was parking my car today in a very tight spot. I accidentally grazed the front right corner of my car against a cement post, leaving a very noticeable white scratch. I was so mad ... but quickly accepted my mistake.
I just hope I've learned my lesson now so that I won't have to be reminded anymore.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]