Sunday, May 12, 2002

LAKER LESSONS LEARNED
If there's one lesson I've learned over the course of the previous two back-to-back championship Laker seasons, it's this: Seek Ye first. We know that Matthew 6:33 says we should seek Him first and all these other things will be give to us as well. And that's exactly what we do when there are Lakers game on Friday nights or Sunday afternoons. During all the Friday night games (like last Friday), I have to pull myself away from the TV and drive myself to church. And once I'm there, that's it. I'm there to focus on worshipping God ... and not even thinking about the Lakers. So when Nathan pulled out his cell phone to check the score, I yelled out "No!" and didn't want to have anything to do with it because I wanted to keep my focus. But once small groups was over ... I ran right over to him and asked to see the score.
We had won.
And the same held true today as I spent the morning worshipping in His house without dwelling on Shaq's ailing ankles and toes or Kobe's suddenly awful free throw shooting or Tim Duncan's MVP statistics. And afterward, I nearly lost my voice screaming and hollering at the Wai's TV along with Simon, Aaron, Ricky, Luong, and Gary.
And we won.
Again.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]