Monday, May 06, 2002

DINNER WITH THE CHAMS
My family had dinner with Michael and his family Sunday night at Ocean Star. I don't know if you all know this but Michael's grandparents and friends with my grandparents, making his parents friends with my parents, and obviously, making Michael and me friends. I've known him since kindergarten (or maybe even before).
Anyway, the dinner went well. The parents talked about the usual - work, recent vacations, their health, some old stories, and all the while getting in a few "Michael should do this ..." or "I think Victor needs to do that ..." But more importantly than that, Michael and I had a chance to catch up. This was rare considering we already spent Friday night in Koinonia sharing and praying together. After getting a chance to share already this week, we usally wouldn't end up talking again for a while. But this dinner gave us that chance and I couoldn't have been happier about that.
See, the weird thing about me (and I think maybe him too) is that I would love it if I could just sit a person down and get to fire away a bunch of questions I've always wanted to know about them. And most of the time, they're non-conventional questions. I asked Michael everything from "Are you competitive?" to
"What do you do on Saturday nights" to "How much time is ideal for you to spend with a girlfriend?" Needless to say, it was a great time.
Afterward, the weirdest thing happened. As we were leaving, we bumped into Frank and his friend Dave. And as I was saying hi to him, we bumped into Danette and her cousin Michelle. I thought I might turn around again to find the rest of Koinonia behind me!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]