Sunday, May 26, 2002

CRAMMING FUN INTO ONE SATURDAY
Since this is one of those rare opportunities where I get all three days off for a long weekend, I decided I'd cram as much fun into this weekend as possible. Saturday was a good start.
Karena and I went with Ko and Charice to the Side Street Cafe in Newport Beach for omelettes. The prices were very reasonable and the food was plentiful and delicious. Then, we spent the days shopping at Fashion Island and at South Coast Plaza. It's always fun hanging out with them because we end up going into the higher-end stores. Good thing Karena didn't really see anything she wanted!
At night, I left Karena's place around 11 to meet up with my parents and Sandra and her boyfriend Gabe at Tea Station for some boba and to play some cards. It's always nice to have Sandra home because my parents are willing to do more adventurous things when she's here like go out at 11 pm and stay out past 1 am. We ended up drinking our respective drinks while playing a very intense game of Hearts. I can't remember the last time we had such good family fun time. Hmm ... maybe when I was about 10 and we spent one Saturday night playing board games. I was glad we got to get my parents out of the house to live like us 20-somethings at least for one night.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]