Tuesday, May 07, 2002

CHOCOLATE AT THE GYM
While I was working out today at the gym with Mark, I noticed a very curious-looking man who had a box full of See's candy. Now, I don't know about you, but I think most people aren't too excited about seeing a box of See's candy. Maybe it's just because they get passed around like fruit cakes during the Christmas season. Or maybe it's just because you always end up picking the very one that you don't want (for me, that's the coconut one or the nasty raspberry-filled one).
Anyway, this guy was apparently selling it as a fundraiser. And apparently, he was very proud of the charity he was raising money for because he literally went up to every person in the gym and asked if they would like to buy some See's candy. Now, I am not opposed to people selling candy for a fundraiser. Nor am I opposed to people coming up to you and asking if you want to buy some. But to go to a gym, where people are actively trying to avoid such foods while trying to lose weight, and push See's candy in their face is a bit much. But, of course, the guy had the last laugh because he sold his entire box.
And you wonder why more and more Americans are becoming obese.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]