Sunday, May 05, 2002

CABAZON
Since my cousin Allison needed to get new bedding for college and my other cousin Jonathan needed some nice clothes, my mom and I decided to take her (Jonathan couldn't make it) to Cabazon Saturday. My mom loves getting bedding from some store there because it's dirt cheap and the quality is good. And we were just hoping to find some good sales so we could expand Jonathan's wardrobe, which at this point in time consists soley of T-shirts and shorts. Seriously, the man owns only one pair of pants ... and they don't even fit him! Luckily for us, there was this huge Tommy Hilfiger sale so we loaded up on nice plaid shirts for him and two pairs of pants for him. We also ended up getting him some nicer shorts (read: not basketball shorts) from Gap too. Allison couldn't find any bedding she liked, but she did end up getting some nice new clothes from Quicksilver (or I guess it's called Roxy for the girls stuff).
As for me, I usually end up going crazy buying all kinds of things when I go to Cabazon, but I was much more controlled this time around. I had a $50 J.Crew gift card that I had been lugging around in my wallet since Christmas that I couldn't wait to use up. Luckily for me, there was this huge sale there so I wound up getting a pair of pants and a shirt for Karena.
But most importantly, we were able to use the time to talk about Allison's last-minute prom planning and her thoughts on summer school and her preparation for college. That conversation made the time (and money) well-spent.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]