Sunday, April 21, 2002

TWO OBSERVATIONS
I spent my Saturday morning at church to have a meeting about the Health of the English Ministry at CEFC. Basically, we had leaders of various ages and fellowship groups gather together to discuss how we are doing and areas we can improve. As I was sitting there, I couldn't help but look around the room and see all the people who helped build this church and keep it alive. People like Dr. Samuel Lo, Henry Chiu, Dr. Paul Lee, Wing Yee, Genevieve Ho, David Ho, Marvin Fong, Dewey Hall, David Han ... and the list goes on and on. These people have been, and continue to be, EXTREMELY committed to serving God at CEFC and to help others grow in their faith. I tried not to forget about that as I walked around church today.
The second observations I noticed while singing worship songs today during service is that guys and girls clap differently. Girls typically clap with more enthusiam and use more shoulder movement. They swing their arms forward and backward to clap. Men are much more subtle in their clapping. They use little to no shoulder swing and instead rely just on their hands or their elbows to generate the clapping motion. Are women more enthusiastic during worship? Are men concerned about "looking cool?" Who knows? And seriously, who cares? I don't have the answers, I just make the observations.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]