Friday, April 12, 2002

TALK RADIO
The last time I listened to AM radio for an extended period of time was back when I was six years old. Raymond and I used to always listen to the Mighty 690. It was a radio station very similar to KIIS-FM.
But now, it seems that AM radio has made a strong comeback since I've been home during the day. I usually start the morning off by listening to Dennis Prager, at the urging of Michael. He brings up some interesting topics including the Middle East, Easter and the importance of Passover, divorce, etc. And it's very interesting to hear not only his perspective, but the callers' view on these issues that face us today. It really has made me take a more serious look at the world we live in.
But just in case I get too serious, I switch over to sports radio and listen to Jim Rome. Now, Jason, Mike, and Raymond have been telling me I should have started listening to him years ago, but I just wasn't into it ... until now. He has this really dry, harsh sense of humor that is growing on me. And the whole idea of the show and how he makes fun of callers somehow became very addicting to me.
And finally, at the request of my mom, I spend the afternoons listening to Suze Orman. She is a financial advisor who is really knowledgeable about everything related to money including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs, life insurance, mortgages, bank accounts, etc. It's been very educational for me to hear about the things she recommends (term life insurance, investing in stocks, contributing the max amount into your 401(k), etc.).
AM radio: you gotta love it!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]