Saturday, April 13, 2002

THE SEVEN WEEK LAY-OFF
Well, it's finally official. I went to see my orthopedic surgeon and he has cleared me to return to work Monday morning. That means my extended lay-off has finally come to an end after seven weeks.
And now that it's over, I'm starting to feel anxious and a little stressed again. Now, don't get me wrong, I've definitely enjoyed my time off. I feel that I've made good use of my time - rehabing my knee, learning more about investing, reading books and magazines, hanging out with people, going to sporting events (including tonight's Angels/A's game), watching movies, etc. But now that was when I didn't know how long I'd be out of work. Now that I know, I'm pressing a little bit. I now wish I had a little more time to finish the investing book I'm reading, watch a few more movies, etc. But I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.
I'm very thankful for the time off, but it's time to get back to normal life ... and to start earning a paycheck again!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]