Tuesday, April 30, 2002

PALOMINO
After losing two friendly bets to Karena, I wound up owing her two dinners ... or was it three? Anyway, I decided that we'd go out to a nice place in Westwood called Palomino Euro-Bistro. We had some good food!!! Herb calamari for an appetizer, smoked salmon penne for me, Italian spicy sausage and wild mushroom stromboli for Karena. This is a really good place. I highly recommend it. We had a great time talking about all kinds of things.
But it's always weird when we're done because I like to use my Discover card (it's all about the 1% cash back, baby!!!), but nice places usually don't take Discover. And I hate being told, "Oh, sorry. We don't accept this credit card." I always end up feeling so embarassed. So to save myself, I usually just give them my Visa without saying anything. But I'm always thinking in the back of my mind, "Would if I could've given them my Discover card?" The great Chinese mind is always at work.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]