Thursday, April 04, 2002

NEW GLASSES
Since my insurance also comes with vision insurance (VSP), I've been meaning to go get a new pair of glasse for a while now. I like the ones I have now, but the frames cut into the side of my face, leaving an indent long after I've taken my glasses off. It's always embarassing to put my contacts on first thing in the morning and show up to work with this huge horizontal line across the right side of my face just because I wore my glasses when I woke up. I bet I look real professional!
So, I set up an appointment for 5:00 yesterday and was really excited. But wouldn't you know it? At 4:30 I suddenly became really tired (probably from doing a whole lot of nothing) and fell asleep with my contacts on. Now, that made me mad for two reasons. One, I knew I couldn't go to my eye exam with my contacts on. And two, I HATE, HATE, HATE falling asleep with my contacts on. There is nothing more gross when you wake up and your contacts are all dried out and dirty. Gross! Anyway, I woke up at 5:00 and shot up like I was shot out of a cannon. "I'm late, I'm late" as I rushed (and you all know I can't rush nowadays because I'm slower than a snail) to rip my contacts out of my eyes, throw on my glasses, and head to my eye appointment. On my way out, I noticed my hair was sticking up but there was no time for that.
Now, I don't know about you, but I always have a hard time distinguishing which one is better during an eye exam. The doc always says, "One or two? Three or four?" And I'm always having to ask them to repeat. So embarassing! But it all worked out and I was happy with my choice of frames: these really, light-weight silver titanium Tommy Hilfiger frames. Sweet!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]