Sunday, April 14, 2002

IT'S TIME FOR BASEBALL
Last night, I was lucky enough to sit 10 rows behind home plate for the Angels vs. A's game. And better yet, I was able to go with Karena, my dad, and her dad. For a while now, I've been hoping our two families could start doing some things together such as our dads going to a baseball game with us or all of us going out for a meal. So far, I've accomplished one out of two. But I have to admit that there was great pressure on me to make everything smooth. And if you guys know anything about me, when I try too hard to make things run smoothly, they usually end up blowing up in my face.
Things turned bad early when I mistakenly took the off-ramp and got onto the 91 freeway instead of staying on the 5. But it all worked out and the rest of the evening went well - including my dad being a very good conversationalist. Both dads had a chance to talk about the old San Francisco sports teams from the '70s and '80s (from Joe Montana to Will Clark to Willie McCovey). Karena and I split a HUGE plate of grande nachos with ground beef, sour cream, and lots of cheese for only $6. And we came near many foul balls, but I didn't end up with one. We even got to talking with the people sitting in front of us (one of my favorite things to do at a ball game). And the best part was even Karena, who hates baseball, had a good time!
But too bad, in the midst of all this good, the Angels still managed to lose 7-2.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]