Wednesday, April 17, 2002

BOBA
Now that I'm back at work, I have resumed my previous way of thinking about the weekends. They are definite getaways from the hectic work week. Everything about CEFC, Monterey Park, and the people I see when I'm there makes me feel more relaxed. And one of those things, of course, is boba. Since starting my job at UCLA over a year ago, I've gone a few times to the Boba World that's in Westwood just to get a refreshing boba to help me mellow out and relax after a stressful day at work.
Today was such a day. I went with four other co-workers and we had a good time. First, we walked through a doctor's parking lot and I was shocked to see all the amazing cars that were parked there: all kinds of Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar, Audi, etc. In fact, the cheapest car there was probably an Infiniti or some SUVs. But anyway, back to the boba. It was nice to unwind and to hang out with my co-workers away from work, especially since I haven't really seen them in two months. And there is a great sense of togetherness now because for one reason or another, a lot (and I stress the words "a lot) of people are quitting. In the two months that I was away, four people turned in their resignations. How crazy is that? But the boba sure hit the spot and gave me that feeling of home. And sometimes, that's all I need to help me finish the rest of the work week out strong.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]