Monday, March 18, 2002

THREE FOR THE PRICE OF NONE
I had the pleasure (or the misery) of having three PTs treat me for about three hours yesterday afternoon. Yup, you heard me correctly: THREE HOURS!!! Karena, Mark, and Gina were all here to lend moral support, but also to get me to do more knee extension exercises and to put more weight on my leg. And although it was very nice of all three of them to be here, it was very painful for me. But after Karena pushed out a lot of the swelling that is in my lower leg (especially just above my knee cap) for about an hour, I was able to contract my quads a little more (accent on the words "a little"). And that's the #1 goal for now - full knee extension (I'm about 20 degrees away according to Karena and Gina, but I think it's more like 10 degrees). At least I was able to distract myself from all this craziness by watching and re-watching highlights of my beloved Bruins upsetting #1 seed Cincinnati yesterday.
But still, let me tell it to you all straight: Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to have a girlfriend and good friends who are PTs! =)

And a quick shout-out to my cousin Allison who celebrates her 17th birthday today. 17?!? Can you believe it?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]