Saturday, March 16, 2002

STILL ALIVE AND KICKIN'
Well, okay, maybe not kicking, but I made it after knee surgery yesterday. And thank God!
Before the surgery, I had a good time joking with my anesthesiologist (I hate spelling that word) and my nurse because they're both from USC. The anesthesiologist joked and said I might be vomiting after the surgery, but it could be from the Bruins poor play. He was right about the vomiting, but SO wrong about UCLA. Anyways, the whole anesthesia thing is so interesting because he said, "Have a nice sleep, Victor. You'll be out in thirty seconds ... or less" But by the time he said "thirty seconds" I could already feel my eyelids getting heavy. And just to spite him, I thought, "No. I'm going to see if I could fight the anesthesia and stay awake." (I don't know why I think rebellious thoughts like this sometime?!?) But two seconds later, I said, "Ah, screw it! It's too hard" and I feel fast asleep. The next thing I knew, my nurse woke me up in the recovery room to tell me my dad had arrived to pick me up. That anesthesia is some pretty amazing stuff.
I spent last night watching the Bruins victory (yeah, baby!) and throwing up uncontrollably. Good thing Karena was sweet enough to make me jello because she knew about my theory. See, when I know I'm going to throw up, I like to eat jello because it tastes the same going in as it does coming out. It's not like most food which taste and smell bad on its way out. But with jello, you're throwing up and then you think to yourself, "Mmm. Grape flavor! Yum!" I recommend you all try it sometime.
And today, my knee aches like you wouldn't believe .. and I'm all drugged out on pain meds. I'm supposed to start bending it and straightening it as much as I can, so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers, well-wishes, and phone calls. You really know how to make a crippled brother feel loved.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]