Saturday, March 02, 2002

SOME QUICK RANDOM THOUGHTS
1. There is absolutely NO good place to put a pair of crutches! Everywhere I go, I have to put those darn things somewhere. And yet, I find people still tripping over them. I find them sliding off whatever I leaned them on so they go crashing to the floor. Basically, I am starting to find them a nuisance. And don't even get me started on trying to get them in and out of a car. Man, those suckers are waaaaaaay too long to put in the back seat.
2. For a guy who can't drive and is not very mobile, I've managed to still keep a pretty busy social calendar (and thank goodness too because I'm was going stir crazy at home). I spent Wednesday night at a Brazilian place called Greenfield, also known to most guys as that "all-you-can-eat meat place," for Simon's birthday. On Friday, I went to church and helped lead worship in Troopers and helped sing two of my favorite songs ["You Are Holy" (I will sing too and worship ...) & "Lord, I Give You My Heart"] in Koinonia after Melanie's talk. I had to have people lug my guitar around for me, though. And later today, I'm going the L.A. Kings game at the Staples Center. Karena's patient's company owns a box there so we'll be watching the game in style.
3. After Melanie's talk last night, we broke up into guy and girl groups and talked about serious dating and marriage. Basically, Pastor Clive and Dewey discussed the difficulties and struggles they've seen or experienced and wanted to reiterate to us guys that we have to be fully prepared and ready. They wanted to make sure we laid a good and solid foundation while dating before embarking on something as big as marriage. I don't know about the other guys, but that talk freaked me out!!! At the end, I said sarcastically, "Yeah, good luck Jason!" But the tables quickly turned when Michael followed that up with, "What are you talking about? Good luck to YOU!"
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]