Monday, March 25, 2002

ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON
After working up a sweat motoring around church on my crutches, I came home to eat lunch for a change and to get some much-needed relaxation. After seeing my brother and sister off and setting up the Sunday school refreshments with Karena, I was pooped. I came home and began to chip away at all the leftovers we have in our fridge from the big family dinner we had Saturday night. Sandra made a chicken marsala (sp?) and some rosemary steak (both were very good). Raymond taught me how to prepare his very easy Tater Tot Casserole complete with a layer of ground beef, vegetables, cream of mushroom, and topped with tater tots. It was very good, except the beef took forever to cook so it didn't get served until after everyone had alreay finished eating - hence, all the leftovers. Well, I had that for Sunday lunch and let me tell you, tater tots definitely don't taste as good as leftovers. I spent the rest of the afternoon chained to the TV remote switching channels between the NCAA basketball games, the Lakers/Kings game, and the Academy Awards. (Props to Denzel!) It was not easy doing all that channel switching, but as a guy, I have to admit that I'm pretty good at knowing when to switch back and forth without missing too much of the action.
Sorry, this is kind of an uninspired blog, but somehow today, I'm just not too in the mood. Maybe I'm still dwelling on the "no basketball" thing. Who knows?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]