Sunday, March 03, 2002

THE NEXT EPISODE
There's this rap song by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg that I like called "The Next Episode" because it reunites the two rappers together after they both re-invented themselves into something bigger and better.
In the same way, I think I'm moving on to my next episode. With age, I've had to take on more responsibilities and for the most part, I'm enjoying that. I'm thankful for the opportunity to further establish my independence by living in my apartment (and yet still close enough to home to not have things go too badly). I've been learning a lot about healthcare, money, insurance and disability from this whole knee injury experience. And since my parents are both out of town, I've now become the man of the house (albeit a crippled man).
Actually, having my parents both go out of town in the next episode for them too. My dad will no doubt be retiring soon and I think it's now their time to enjoy lift - travel, go out to nice restaurants, and do some cool things. They are currently there sightseeing and although they worry about me being here alone (especially in my condition), I have no qualms about being man of the house, king of the castle, lord of the ... okay, maybe that's stretching it. But I've been able to take care of business - walking around the house with my bag pack so I can carry things, mailing things, answering important business phone calls, etc. Of course, it never hurts to have help, as was the case yesterday, when my aunt, cousins, grandparents, and Karena came over to cook dinner.
So, the next episode has already begun for my family. And so far, it's all good.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]