Wednesday, March 06, 2002

MRI (AKA MAY REQUIRE INCISION)
I went in for my MRI today with my dad, having just come back from Colorado late last night, having to take off work again to drive me. The place was far, but I was glad they were able to bump up my appointment from Friday to today. But as we all know, nothing about this process goes smoothly. So when I got there, I was very cautious to make sure nothing bad would happen. And then it did.
As I entered the room, a woman was blocking the huge sign that said: "No watches or wallets beyond this point." Well, I went in with both of mine and by the time the technician figured it out, it was too late. He informed me that my watch will probably slow down for a few days and all my credit cards are probably de-magnetized. Great, just great! And all the technician had to say was, "Well, now you know for next time." I was pretty upset with him after that. And then, he only made matters worse.
The guy tried to stap me in with my knee fully straight (which I can't do without SCREAMING in pain - just ask Karena). But, he just kept pushing it and pushing it as I gritted my teeth more and more. Finally, he got it more or less straight and put the latch on. I was dying.
Now, the way an MRI works is that you can't move for about 20 minutes and there's all kinds of intermittent jack-hammer noices coming from the machine. To me, it sounded more like that FatBoy Slim song, "Rockefellar Skank" (you know, "Right about now, the funk soul brother ...") All I could do was look as the timer counted down all these random times over and over: 3:23, 2:48, 3:50. All I could to pass the time was look at the numbers and think about players jersey's numbers: 23 - Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, Matt Barnes, Eric Karros, Scott Spezio. 33 - Kareem, Larry Bird, Shaq at LSU, Ziggy Palfy. It's dumb, it's crazy. But it worked to pass the time.
And when I was done, I had two HUGE indents in my knee from where the technician tried to keep my knee straight. One of them, about an inch long, will definitely leave a mark.
Well, now I have to wait 3-5 business days before I get the results and can schedule my surgery.
And the waiting game continues ...
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]