Wednesday, March 20, 2002

MOVIE REVIEWS (AND IT'S A GOOD ONE TODAY)
GalaxyQuest: A-. Even though I'm not a Trekkie, I really thought this movie was funny. Tim Allen had his moments (like when he's rolling around on the ground for no reason) and overall, it was pretty entertaining.
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: A-. I wasn't a big fan of the WB cartoon, but it's interesting to see what Gotham City is like with Batman and all his foes being old ... or dead. The voices in this movie include Mark Hamill and Angie Harmon (yeah!).
Blow Dry: D. This is a British movie starring Josh Hartnett and Rachel Leigh Cook about a hair styling competition. I was mildly entertained, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone else.
Ronin: B-. I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time now because everyone keeps telling me that it has the best car chasing scenes ever. True, the car chase scenes are pretty exciting, but overall, the movie was a little confusing and it didn't flow as well as I would have liked. And not even Robert DeNiro could save this movie.
Hardball: B+. Yes, Keanu's acting is still bad. And yes, this movie was #1 in the theaters probably way longer than it should have been. But the inner city kids that play on his team, plus the use of some rap songs that I like, made for a funny, heartwarming, and entertaining movie. Besides, it had baseball in it!
And finally, the one you've all been waiting for ... (drum roll ...)
Glitter: D. Props to Luong and Aaron for coming over to visit and to watch this lousy movie with me. Mariah's acting leaves much to be desired and, as Luong pointed out multiple times, Mariah also looks pretty bad throughout the whole movie. The plot is bad and the characters shallow. The only saving grace is that some of the songs are good. Hey Mariah, don't quit your day job.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]