Friday, March 15, 2002

HURTING MYSELF
After initially tearing the cartilage in my knee three weeks ago, I have managed to do more damage to myself. First, the excessive use of my crutches caused pain in both hands, both armpit areas, both elbows (from over worked triceps) and extreme fatigue from my left leg. That overuse of my left leg caused a blister to form on the bottom of my left foot that hurts everytime I put my foot down (except of course, I have no other choice but to put that foot down). I also ripped off a large chunk of skin on my right thumb while trying to carry a bag with some dumbells in them while still using my crutches. I cut my hand on the nuts and screws of my crutches and it bled like crazy. Yeah, I know, I know, feel free to insert your own joke about dumbells here. And finally, yesterday, I singed all the hair on my right hand off and burned some of my hand on the stove.
And apparently, I'm a real sad sight to see because when I went to visit my co-workers, one of them came up to me, gave me a big hug, and said "Here," putting $10 in my pocket, "go get yourself something to eat." AS IF I WAS SOME FREEWAY OFFRAMP CRIPPLE LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS!?! I have to admit that it was very kind of her and pretty funny (it's still making me chuckle). I, of course, tried to give it back, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. Maybe I should have rolled it up and thrown it at the peanut man! =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]