Saturday, March 30, 2002

GOOD FRIDAY
Last night's service at CEFC was one of those Good Friday services that I unfortunately, couldn't get into. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't manage to keep my mind from wandering. Maybe because it was because these types of joint worships have all the translating going on. Maybe it was because of the dim lighting (we asked Nathan Cheung to turn the lights up so we wouldn't be as inclined to fall asleep). Maybe it was because I didn't take a nap (I'm grown quite accustomed to taking naps now that I can). And maybe because I was joking around with Suzanne, Karena, and the other people sitting around me. Whatever it was, I was disappointed that I couldn't pay attention.
Instead, I thought back to a musical the Youth Choir put on way, way, way back in the day when people my age were in Youth Choir. They all were holding unlit candles with one large lit candle in front of all of them. The most memorable and most moving part of the whole musical was when each member came up individually to light their candle and say into a microphone, "He died for me. I'll live for Him."
And then, I whispered the same promise: He died for me. I'll live for Him.
Amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]