Monday, March 04, 2002

FRUSTRATED
I was going use this space to write about how inspired I was by the first of a 6-month long Sunday School class focusing on discipleship that should take all of our Christian walks to the next level. Or I was going to the talk about the pressures I felt while having dinner with Karena's family last night and sitting there alone with her dad talking about stocks, disability, sports, insurance, etc. And I know I haven't written anything even remotely cheery in the last week or so. Maybe I'll put up another movie review blog in a few days. But I can't write about any of those topics now.
Instead, I am FRUSTRATED!!!!! and have to talk about that. Being in health care, I've known all along how poorly managed patients are when it comes to HMOs. But now that I'm the patient, I have to say that this whole process is killing me. Just killing me.
Here are the facts:
I got injured while snowboarding last Saturday. I didn't get to see my primary physician until Tuesday (after just going to her office and sitting there until she was forced to squeeze me in). I didn't get to see the orthopedic surgeon until Friday (after again just going there until he was forced to squeeze me in). The knee brace they ordered for me wasn't ready for me to pick up until late Friday afternoon ... and it was the wrong kind. I still don't have the right one and won't until next week at the earliest. Plus, I've been waiting over a week to get an MRI to confirm what we all already know - a lateral meniscus tear, which will require surgery. But I can't get an MRI until late Friday morning. That means no surgery for another 2 weeks ... at least. Meanwhile, I won't be getting paid, won't be getting disability, and will have stacks of mounting bills to pay with no money in which to pay them.
Frustrated? You bet I am.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]