Friday, March 22, 2002

THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of my life.
I already wasn't in the greatest of moods because I had a doctor's appointment at 10:00 am this morning and I didn't get seen until about 12:00. Plus, my beloved Bruins lost last night. But I was still excited to have the doctor answer my burning questions and to take a look at my knee. In my opinion, I think my knee was looking pretty good thanks in large part to Karena doing everything she could to help take the swelling out. But we were still concerned because of my difficulty getting full range of motion. Still, overall, I was pretty happy with the way things were going and felt positive about the whole thing. But when my orthopedic surgeon began to speak, the news was all bad:

Your tear was extremelely, extremely large.
I had to remove about two-thirds of the menisus.
I would recommend you never do pounding exercises like running or contact sports like basketball ever again.


So, I guess Shaq and Kobe are going to have to hold it down for the Lakers because it looks like I'll never be able to join them in the NBA. Today, I have to hang 'em up. Today I have to retire. This is definitely the beginning of the end for me.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]