Sunday, March 17, 2002

BASKETBALL AS ESCAPE
If there is one silver lining in this whole knee fiasco, it's that I've been home to watch the entire NCAA basketball tournament (aka March Madness). It was a welcomed escape from the fear of imminent surgery while watching on Thursday, a welcomed distraction on the actual surgery date, and a welcomed escape again after the surgery.
And I hate to admit it, but I nearly watched all 12 hours of CBS's coverage on Thursday. The only games I missed on Friday were those that went on while I was in surgery. And I only missed about an hour of Saturday's 9 hours of coverage because I took a nap.
But today? Yes, even though UCLA is playing at 9:10 PST, I'm hoping to be missing it and the games that follow it ... so I can go to church. I'm still not as mobile as I was before the surgery because of pain and less range of motion, but I'm going to try because: (1) I want to be there and (2) I really, really, really need to get out of this house for a little while. Spending all day at home in front of the TV watching basketball, even for an avid fan like me, is no way to live!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]