Thursday, February 14, 2002

VALENTINE'S DAY
I have to admit that I have NEVER been a big fan of Valentine's Day. It didn't matter whether I was dating or in my "I hate women" stage. I'm just opposed to a day where greeting card, chocolate, and flower companies make a killing because men are obligated to buy something for the woman in their lives. See Johnnie Tam's blog for a similar take on the matter. You know, I would rather do those things "just because" on some random day than be told I have to do something on a certain day. Besides, they get to hike up prices so that a dozen roses can cost in excess of $100. What's up with that?
But then, there I was, standing in line buying cards and roses for Karena.
Hey, I still hold firm to my strong opinions against Valentine's Day, but I don't want to be in the doghouse!!! =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]