Monday, February 11, 2002

SUNDAY'S HIGHLIGHTS
1. I was ecstatic to have my entire family go to Raymond's church. It was a mandarin speaking church, but the sermon was translated into English. Too bad my dad fell asleep, but I was still happy about being there with my whole family.
2. We watched two movies - Mulan and Snow Falling on Cedars. Both were very good, although I missed a majority of Snow Falling on Cedars because I was taking a nap.
3. We had dinner with Sandra's boyfriend Gabe and his family. It was one of those great meeting of the family dinners complete his parents and two sisters and all of us. And everyone was definitely on their best behavior because towards the end of the meal, there was one item of food left on every plate. Nobody wanted to eat the last one.
4. See if this sounds familiar at all: Gabe's sister is the middle child, a PT, and went to a school in the same mold as Mount St. Mary's. She wanted to work in outpatient, but ended up getting a job in a hospital and has now been there for about a year. Hmmm ... sounds like someone I know.
5. At the dinner, I noticed that the leather industry made a killing of the two families. My dad, sister, brother, cousin, and I wore leather as well as two people from Gabe's family.
5. Eating out of Chinese is very expensive in Northern California. We are so spoiled in So Cal.
6. We got to watch the NBA all-star game complete with Jordan's botched dunk and Kobe being named MVP. Too bad his hometown of Philly booed him and nearly brought him to tears. So much for being the city of brotherly love.
7. Again, I have to emphasize just how cold it is in Northern Cal. No wonder I'm stayed in LA all my life.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]