Monday, February 25, 2002

SHAKAS
Even with my injury, I still wanted to worship at CEFC. Plus, I wanted to get out of the house for a while before I went stir crazy! Karena was kind enough to wake up early so she could pick me up and drive me to church. Afterward, we went to Shakas, a Japanese-Hawaiian food place that is a little expensive, but has really good food. Plus, a lot of Schurr High people work there so you know it's good.
And even though I was only there one short hour, a lot of good things happened there. Victoria got to share me with about her upcoming music ministry where she'll undergo all kinds of training and begin performing at various churches and eventually maybe cut a record deal. How cool is that? I got to spend some time chatting with Karena, Cindy, Bonnie, Velina, and Tyrone. And even my cousin Joyce and her fiancee Mike came with Matt Der and Eugenia Wang (who are now engaged, by the way). I was glad to get a chance to talk to my cuz, espcially since we don't chat too often because she's in San Diego. And about Matt Der, I really put my foot in my mouth because when I saw them walk in, I leaned over to Victoria and Karena and asked, "Are they still together?" only to find out later about their engagement. Oops.
So, I have to say that I was VERY glad to get out of the house, even though I had to endure the torture of being laughed at for injuring myself while merely getting up onto my snowboard and not doing some Olympic-inspired trick.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]