Sunday, February 10, 2002

ROAD TRIP TO SEE RAYMOND AND SANDRA
As with all of our family vacations to see Raymond and Sandra, I was gently but firmly awakened at 4 am by my dad saying, "Get up" in Chinese very similar to the way they did to him when he was in the army. I grabbed my bags and helped load everything up into our rental car. We had Allison with us this time and that made space a little bit tighter, but it was nice to have her company. I drove the first leg of the trip and stopped at our favorite place within our favorite half-way point - the Carl's Jr. in Kettleman City. I proceeded to order two burgers (usu. whatever is 99 cents at the time) and spend the second leg of the trip helping my dad look for and avoid cops.
The four of us joined up with Raymond and Sandra stopping by at both their places (they live about 10 miles apart from each other). A great time was had by all as we worked out at Sandra's apartment building's exercise room. I got to do my upper body workout regime, while helping Sandra and Allison with theirs (they needed A LOT of help!) We also had a pretty intense game of Cranium, but Sandra and I prevailed with her impressive drawing with her eyes closed skills and a few lucky guesses (Sandra guessing Stairway to Heaven, despite me humming it all wrong).
Plus, we got to watch some of the Winter Olympics and some good college basketball (except that UCLA lost ... again.)
All in all, we had some good family bonding time to keep our hearts warm. And good thing to because Northern Cali is freakin' cold!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]