Tuesday, February 05, 2002

A NIGHT AT CRUSTACEAN
Karena and I celebrated our one year anniversary last night by having dinner at the most expensive restaurant I've ever been to - Crustacean in Beverly Hills. I have to admit that I was very excited about taking her there because we had to get dressed up and I was hoping to dine amongst the rich and famous in style and partake of some delicious food. Well, Karena looked beautiful, the conversation was excellent, and the mood was right ... but the restaurant was terrible.
Maybe I'm just not an expensive restauarant kind of guy, but I didn't feel I got back what I was putting in. Okay, I'll have to admit that the walkway of live fish swimming beneath your feet was a nice touch, but the service was poor (we had to wait 15 minutes even after making a reservation a week in advance ... and they still sat us upstairs). We started out with the Appetizer Sampler complete with coconut shrimp (very good), dumplings (the frozen ones in my freezer taste better), beef on skewers (good), and some kind of fish thing (good). Karena and I shared the Colossal Prawns with Garlic Noodles and the Steamed Chilean SeaBass. Both were very good, but not exactly what I had in mind for the price I was paying.
But I promised myself I wouldn't worry myself about money and instead, I would just concentrate on celebrating our relationship that is now one year long, one year strong.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]