Wednesday, February 27, 2002

THE NEWS LOOKS BAD
I went to see the doctor today and what an experience that was! I haven't used my new PacifiCare insurance since working at UCLA, but I found out, I was assigned a doctor in Whittier (read: in the 'hood) named Dr. Frankie Cotton. My first thought was this was some young kid like that "Malcolm in the Middle" guy (you know, Frankie Muniz) or some soft-spoken old man (you know, soft as in cotton). But I could not be more wrong. The doctor was a 6'0" dark red-haired woman who did not smile once and did not look directly at you while talking. And her voice was about as deep as mine. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated, but she was very helpful.
Anyway, after having her look at me and having Karena check me out a little more, the evidence seems to support the worst: I have a lateral meniscus tear which will more than likely require surgery. I am going to have an MRI hopefully by the end of this week to confirm this diagnosis. I was very depressed at hearing the news, even though that's what I had been thinking all along. But to actually hear it made me so unhappy and upset at the whole situation. Meanwhile, I have been getting treated like a king by my parents and brother and sister, Karena (thanks again for driving me around), Jason, Mark, Gary, Andy, etc.
Maybe God is trying to teach me something here (like He always does). Instead of focusing on the negatives of this whole thing, maybe He's making sure that I notice all the blessing around me and not take them for granted.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]