Wednesday, February 06, 2002

MACHO, MACHO MAN
It's no secret that I'm not really a macho man. I mean, let's face it, I'm more Chandler Bing than John Wayne. But the key is, I try to be macho ... and that's worth something, right?
We had a meeting at work yesterday to talk about some of the changes that are slated to happen and have been happening over the past few years. Basically, they're constantly asking us to do more with less time and fewer resources. And now, they're planning to cut two full time staff employees within the next year to stay within budget. Obviously, this news caused morale to drop in our department so we had a meeting yesterday that was more of a venting session. But I, trying to be a man about all this, just sat there in silence. Men aren't supposed to complain. They just suck it up and go about their business. So that's what I did. Not to be sexist, but many of the women became very vocal and emotional, but I sat there straight-faced. Of course, it would just be my luck that I'll be one of those two employees to get the ax.
And today, while I was walking quickly around a table to talk to a doctor, I slammed my thigh VERY, VERY hard into the corner of a table. It hurt like you wouldn't believe, but I just played it off. Nurses and doctors around me turned to ask if I was okay, but I just played it off as if they were foolish to even ask such a thing. After all, I'm rough, I'm tough, I work out. I'm macho. I continued about my work and didn't rub it at all, even though it stung the rest of the day. And now what do I have to show for it? A BIG black and blue bruise.
Nah, I take back what I said in the beginning of this blog. Being macho isn't worth a darn thing.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]