Wednesday, February 13, 2002

LOTTO FEVER
With this week's jackpot set at over $120 million, the California Lottery is the hot topic of conversation at work. Everyone from fellow PTs to doctors (I don't know why they have to play) to nurses are all in on it. Every floor has their pools going - most for just $1 each and getting about 40 people to participate. I heard one floor is having everyone put in $5 with about 25 people participating. Can you imagine that - 125 chances to win. I've probably had about 5-10 conversations a day with various people about how they can't wait to win the money and retire in style. Even I started getting caught up in it. I knew I had to get involved in at least one pool so that, just in case they won, I wouldn't be the only person to show up to work on Monday. But I didn't have my wallet with me at the time and got left out.
Money does some interesting things to people. I just hope I won't be working alone Monday morning.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]