Saturday, February 02, 2002

HALFTIME
Do you know what I absolutely HATE about the upcoming Super Bowl halftime experience? No, it's definitely NOT the musical guests (read: U2 is playing, baby!!!!). No, it's not all the commercials I'll hav to sit through (in general, I love Super Bowl commericals). It's not even announcer John Madden going off on another tangent.
It's Fear Factor's poor, foolish, and downright disgusting attempt to steal some viewers by putting Playboy playmates in skimpy clothing just so they can do dumb things. Now you may recall that I can't stand the show because I think it's just blatant sensationalism and doesn't deserve to be on TV ... not even cable access! And it makes me mad that it gets such good ratings. And using Playboy platmates?!? More sensationalism that just angers me even more.
Sure, I know some guys are going to switch over to NBC and miss out on a great U2 performance, but I won't be one of them. Instead, I'll be singing these words to them: Now you're stuck in a moment/ And you can't get out of it.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]