Saturday, February 16, 2002

EATING MY WORDS
How's this for irony? At the very moment that I was typing in the last blog about how I hated Valentine's Day, Karena was preparing the most beautiful dinner I have ever seen. So, when I was finished venting my dislike for the holiday, she made me eat my words.
As I walked from my computer out into my living room in my apartment, I found that the room was lit up with small lights and one candle. Two plates were neatly placed on the table ready to be eaten.
First was a spinach salad complete with real bacon, carmelized almonds (yes, Karena carmelized them herself) and a delicious spinach dressing. Next came the potatoes - covered with butter and garlic and beautifully cut to resemble those from a restaurant. The main course was salmon with a pinch of lemon and pepper. It was definitely better than the meal we had at Crustacean for our anniversary two weeks ago.
And for dessert? Karena made a homemade cheesecake (my favorite) complete with fresh strawberries on top. And we had our favorite wine to drink - Ca' de Sol. We like it because it's not too alcoholic and has a nice fruity taste to it.
Please disregard my last entry because I love Valentine's Day!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]