Thursday, February 28, 2002

DOWN TIME
With not much to do all day and with my right leg hurting too much for me to drive with it, I've pretty much been left to watch movies and read books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Here are some of the movie and book highlights with a quick review after them.
Shaft: the Samuel L. Jackson one that is. B+ I've only watched about 20% of it but stopped because Karena wants to watch it with me. So far I like it, but I liked the original too (Jason's influence).
Double Take: B-. Eddie Griffin is good and Orlando Jones has his moments, but overall the story is too confusing and these two comedians can't do nothin' 'bout dat. (that's my Montebello Ebonics.)
The Green Mile: A-. A great movie about hope, miracles, and the human spirit. Beautifully acted but it gets a minus because of the length. (Although I didn't mind the length when I watched it because for me, the longer the better right now).
High Fidelity: B-. It accurately portrays the '80s music-store owner who's always looking for love in all the wrong places. But it dragged in too many spots for me and that ultimately led to the poor grade. Sorry, John Cusack.
Wing Chun: B. Chinese movie with Michelle Yeoh in it. Good kung-fu fight scenes, okay story.
The Heroic Trio: B. Another Michelle Yeoh movie with CHEESY writing and again, just an okay story.
The Mexican: C-. You would think that with star power like Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts that you would get something great, but all you get is a confusing story that isn't very entertaining.
Book: What's So Amazing About Grace? by Yancey. B+ I've noticed that about 90% of all Christian households have this book (including mine) and yet, I've never read it. I'm still not done yet, but so far, I'm a little disapointed. Maybe my expectations were just too high.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]