Tuesday, February 26, 2002

THE ANTICIPATION OF WAKING UP
It's weird to have an injury and try to sleep at night. The reason? Sleeping just leads me to think about waking up. And when I wake up, first thing I always do is get up with great energy and anticipation because I want to test my knee. Except, it's also a bit scary when the knee doesn't feel any better, I can't put any more weight on it, and it still can't be fully straight or fully bent.
So, it's definitely been hard to sleep these last few nights because my mind is racing over what the doctor will say. I see an orthopedist hopefully today. In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep myself busy - reading the stacks of old newspaper articles I've been meaning to read for a while, watching TV, and relaxing. This time off would have been so much better if I could at least drive! Then, I could at least get a haircut or go to the movies or something without bothering anyone. Right now, I can only go out when my parents are free or when Karena is not working. But I'm still in good spirits so I guess that's a good thing.

P.S. Major props go out to Jason because he not only went out of his way to bring me his old knee brace, but he also loaned me three DVD movies (with more on the way) to keep me entertained and has called me on a daily basis to check up on me. You want an example of a true friend who's willing to put the interests of others above his own? Look no further than the Bug Eater himself. You're the man, Jas!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]