Tuesday, February 19, 2002

THE ACHES AND PAINS OF BEING SICK
For me, there isn't anything worse than being sick. When many of you think of me or look at me, thoughts of "big" or "tough" guy may come to mind, but being sick turns me into an absolute wuss! All I can do is lie in bed and have everything brought to me. Getting up to use the bathroom or take a shower is a major chore. And yet, I'm become overly stubborn to the point where I refuse to take medication.
So, when I started to get body aches last Saturday during work, I feared the worst. I knew I had promised Karena we'd have dinner Saturday night and I knew I was having a family dinner Sunday night. And we all know about my passion for duty so I just had to be there. So I no choice but to take something and go to bed. Well, I think I overdid it because I've been popping Advils like they're candy. And don't even get me started on the cough drops. But at least I was able to have dinner both nights with no ill effects. And I still went to work today and even worked out (albeit slightly abbreviated).
But that's it! I've had enough. I'm cutting myself off.
It's time to say no to drugs.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]