Tuesday, January 01, 2002

VIC'S (NOT SO) ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE
With each passing year, my New Year's Eve celebration takes yet another step downward. This isn't to say that I don't have fun, but I'm realizing I'm just too darn old to stay up all night anymore.
Last night, Karena and I went to Mark and Gina's for a dinner party. The food was excellent - turkey, really good cranberry sauce (the real stuff), pasta, salad, rolls, really sweety and juicy cantaloupe, a lemon cake, and a homemade banana cake. About ten of us gathered - including two married couples, one engaged couple, one soon to be engaged couple (no, not me!). And if that didn't already make me feel old, we ended up playing Balderdash. You know, that game where you make up definitions to really hard words and try to trick people while you yourself guess the correct definition. Now, if that's not an old man's game, I don't know what is! But all was not lost because the winner of the game was to receive a huge mystery prize. I was so motivated by it that I tried really hard ... and wound up in last place. But lucky for me, Karena (with her Westridge and Cornell education) saved the day by winning and taking home the much-coveted prize of a beautiful silver candelabra. (An old man's gift).
And did I mention that we didn't even stay past midnight? We all got sleepy and left around 11:15. Some rockin' New Year's Eve, huh?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]