Thursday, January 31, 2002

TROOPERS
Even though Koinonia has been moved to Saturday night this week, I'll still be going to church Friday night. The reason? I lead worship for Troopers fellowship on the first Friday of every month.
I'll have to admit that at times, it is rather troublesome. I don't get to worship with everyone else and it's hard for me to remember to lead worship since it's only once a month. But ones I'm there, all those thoughts disappear. These kids are very energetic and on fire. Sure, a lot of them are just there to have a good time. I mean, I when I was their age, I only went to play basketball and eat good refreshments. But these kids really can get into the singing sometimes (especially when we sing "Deep, Deep" or "Jesus is a Friend.") And it's enthusiasm and true passion for God and for these songs that really touches my heart. I mean, here we are as adults having meeting after meeting trying to figure out what we're going to do about our worship woes for Friday nights and Sundays. And yet, our answer is so simple and just a few doors down: children singing their little hearts out.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]