Monday, January 21, 2002

STAR WARS & CHOICES
I know this will make me sound nerdy, but I can't wait for Episode II: Attack of the Clones to come out because it'll finally unveil how young Anakin Skywalker transformed into the evil Darth Vader. But hey, at least I'm not waiting in line to see the movie that doesn't come out until MAY like these guys.
Anyway, I read an article about the movie and it was very interesting. First, I recalled Yoda's words explaining how one falls to the dark side of the force: Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering." I always found that the "anger leads to hate" part to be most true, especially in "Return of the Jedi" when his anger is brewing toward the Emperor, but he has to remain controlled, lest he fall to the dark side like his father. I think we, including myself, have to deal with that all the time. I mean, look at Shaq throwing a punch at Brad Miller. I try to do my best to control my anger, which I have to admit is getting more difficult with each passing day.
Hayden Christensen, the actor who portrays the grown up Anakin before his transformation into Darth Vader said, "Like Anakin, we all have to make choices, following instinct, reasoning and our heart. We're continually being presented with influences, sometimes very opposing ones, that motivate us and affect our decisions. Hopefully we choose wisely." It's true that we make a million choices a day -- some based on God's will, most simply for ourselves. And isn't it ironic that those choices we end up making to benefit ourselves lead to fear, anger, hate, and eventually, suffering.
Hopefully we choose wisely.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]