Saturday, January 19, 2002

A SPORTS COMMUNITY
There are VERY few advantages to having to work on a Saturday. And it only makes matters worse when there are SO many good sporting events going on - Lakers vs. Spurs, Bruins vs. Wildcats, Wizards vs. Bulls (aka the Return of Air Jordan to Chicago), Bears vs. Eagles, etc.
But I made the most of it. I shared the Lakers victory with one of my patients and one of my co-workers. After working together, we sat for the waning seconds of the game and cheered the Lakers to victory. It really was a great moment because I felt I bonded with my patient. (And don't worry, I cut my lunch in half so I would have time to do this without cheating UCLA out of having to pay me to watch baskeball games.)
And even though my beloved UCLA Bruins lost to Arizona, I got to share it with another patient and her family. We talked about the great UCLA tradition of 11 National Championships and how we hated Arizona. They took it one step further by even denouncing Major League Baseball's World Champs, the Diamondbacks! But all in all, we had a good time and I felt my patients trust me a little more as a PT and a friend.
Of course, I could just be rationalizing this whole thing. =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]