Monday, January 07, 2002

SO GOOD AND THEN SO BAD
Maybe it's because how and where to invest my money has been a major concern for me lately, but today's sermon by Pastor Tsang left me thinking.
Luke 16:9,a: I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."
Jesus is saying to use the money we've been given to manage here on earth for those in need. And the way we manage these funds will be used to test our character and faithfulness. An interesting perspective for me, especially right now.
And after being so good in listening attentively to the sermon and dwelling on it, I didn't go to Sunday School (mostly because Pastor Clive's SS was cancelled, but also because I was hungry) and instead went to Houston's with Karena, Larry, Aaron, and Luong. I recommend the chicken salad and the cheeseburger. Although the service was terrible and the food not as good as in the past, the company was great and more than made up for the bad.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]