Thursday, January 03, 2002

SCRUBS LEAVE ME FEELING LIKE A SCRUB
One of the benefits to working in a hospital is that I get to wear scrubs. You know what I mean, right? Those matching shirt and pant combinations that are loose fitting and can be seen being worn by everyone from doctors to nurses to PTs, etc. Anyway, I own two pairs of them and wear them quite often to work because they're very comfortable and I don't care how dirty they get because they're not my "real" clothes.
But one of the drawbacks is that one pair of scrub pants that I own is way too big for me so that I have to pull the drawstring really hard whenver I put them on. Then, I have to tie them very tightly and sometimes double-knot it because you don't want to be walking around the hospital with your scrub pants saggin' so your boxers show. I mean, I'm not in high school and this is not the 'hood. I'm supposed to look professional. Of course, having to pull the drawstring tightly definitely creates its problems, especially when I need to use the bathroom. Usually, I'm so busy during the day that I don't make it to the bathroom until I absolutely can't wait anymore, as I did today. Of course, when I got in there, I spent about five minutes trying to undo the crazy knot I did with the drawstring. So, there I was, jumping up and down with my legs crossed in the bathroom, trying to unknot my scrub pants so I could go. Very professional, huh?
I guess it just goes to show you that they knew what they were doing when they named them "scrubs."
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]