Saturday, January 12, 2002

PEANUT ... OR JUST A NUT
I wanted to stop by the market on my way home from work to buy some peanuts so I could use them as a prop for the Bible Study. And luckily, while I was waiting to get on the freeway, I saw a guy who was selling flowers, cheeries, and PEANUTS! Now, the light was about to turn green and I was the first car in a looooooooooong line of cars so I had to be quick about this. "How much for the peanuts?" I shouted. "One dollar," as he quickly walk up to my car. I hurriedly grab a buck out of my wallet and hand it to him while he passes me the peanuts. And I notice that the light has turned green, so I slam on the gas, peel out, and start taking off.
Suddenly, I notice that I'm carrying both the bag of peanuts and the dollar bill! Thinking quickly, I crumple of the dollar and throw it out the window. "Here!" I look in my rear view mirror and see him bending down to pick it up.
A sense of embarassment quickly covers me ... while I wait on the freeway onramp with all the cars who saw what I did.
They must have been thinking, "What a nut."
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]