Sunday, January 27, 2002

MY SATURDAY NIGHT
I thing I was very excited about once Karena and I started going out was being able to go out with other couples. We hang out with Ko and Charice every once in a while, ate with Dewey and Janet (well, I did because Karena got off late from work), and plan to have dinner with Jason and Debbie soon. And last night, we had the privilege of going out with Dennis and Bonnie.
The night started out great with Dennis picking us up from my apartment in his Mercedes C-class. It is a very nice car (and even nicer because he got a good deal that was near invoice). The four of us went to check out Hollywood and Highland. That's the place that is home to the new Kodal Theater, Grauman's Chinese Theater (formerly Mann's), and a bunch of retail stores,shops, restaurants, and a teen club called "Seventeen." Overall, we were not impressed with the place. The design was to confusing, the overall presentation looked good only from the street, and the feel of the place was dead. The only excitment was coming from the long line of teens who were overly dressed with too much make-up on trying to get into the club. I was hoping to convince Dennis, Bonnie, and Karena that we should all go in so I could cut it up on the dance floor to some *N Sync, but I was overruled. =(
We left that place after only being there for 40 minutes and headed to Pink's for some good ol' fashioned hot dogs. Karena and I split the Pastrami Reuben Dog and the Bacon Chili Cheese Dog. This was the first time I had ever been there and, wow, let me tell you that these hot dogs were good! We waited in line for about 45 minutes, but didn't even notice once we got out food. Many Hollywood celebs come here, as evidenced by their pictures and autographs on the wall (Keifer Sutherland, Jay Leno, Vanna White, Bill Cosby just to name a few at random). I wondered whether these stars had to wait in line like everybody else. I doubt it.
All in all, I had a good time hanging out with Dennis and Bonnie and was glad we got to see some of Hollywood's famous sites since I feel like I'm one of those Southern Californians who doesn't take advantage of living in the big city.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]