Wednesday, January 30, 2002

MY JOB ... ONE YEAR LATER
Yesterday marked the on-year anniversary date for me working as a physical therapist at the UCLA Medical Center. And with the anniversary also came my annual review. It is absolutely amazing to me to imagine that I've been working for a year already. I have been blessed by developing some really good friendships with the people I work with and I have learned quite a bit too. While going through my annual review, I got to see some of the paperwork I filled out January 29, 2001 and the remarks I got on my 6-month evaluation. It amazing how so quickly things have changed. Things that I felt uncomfortable with as a new grad straight out of school, I can now probably do with my eyes closed and both hands tied behind my back. And other mistakes that I did even six months ago are all distant memories in my mind.
But I have to admit that my mind has been straying a bit as I look at my future. I'm NOT money-hungry, but if I'm eventually looking to support a family, I have to consider my options in terms of places to work. Right now, I feel like God has placed me at UCLA for a reason and I honestly feel like I belong there. But I am anxious to see what else is out there in terms of better experiences for me to grow professionally at a faster pace. I'm a little concerned as to how much I'll be able to advance my career (and my paycheck) at UCLA with the way things seem to be going. But for now, I'll just trust that God has a plan for me. Still, it does feel good that I've grown and matured and learned so much in just one short year.
Here's to yet another year of growth, maturation, and learning!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]