Friday, January 04, 2002

MOULIN ROUGE
I finally got to see Moulin Rouge last night ... and boy was I impressed. I give this movie an A+. I know most people thought it was weird to mix The Sound of Music with Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, but I just chalk it up to Baz Luhrman's creativity. I was so also impressed with Ewen McGregor and Nicole's Kidman's acting (and her singing). It was a really beautiful movie with some gut-renchingly emotional scenes and a bittersweet ending. Maybe it's just because I love music and I thought it was really cool how different types and styles of music could come together at the perfect time in the movie's diaglogue and convey the right emotion. I was so impressed, I even listened to Baz Luhrman's CD including that "Free to Wear Sunscreen" song that was so big a few years back. Now, if that's not impressed, I don't know what it!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]